Mango Languages is no longer available.
Transparent Language Online, which replaces Mango, is available now.
The library is now offering a new online language learning program. Transparent Language Online offers the most comprehensive language-learning solution for libraries. With this flexible program, you can quickly and easily learn new languages using our wide variety of courses and activities. Start learning here.
- Over 100 Languages (and Growing!): From Afrikaans to Zulu, the number of languages available is constantly growing.
- Extensive English Collection: With English materials for speakers of over 25 languages, an intermediate-level immersion course, and more, we have tools for every stage of learning English.
- Alphabet Lessons: If you want to learn to read and write, you need to first know the alphabet. Get started on the right foot with our alphabet course.
- Flexible Learning Path: Follow our plan or blaze your own trail. We give you a starting point, but you choose what you’d like to learn.
- Speaking Practice: Transparent Language’s proprietary EveryVoice™ technology speech-enables classic learning activities like Multiple Choice and Pronunciation Practice, allowing you to compare your pronunciation to that of a native speaker.
- Typing Activities: Never typed in a foreign language? No problem! Beginners start with Easy Typing to input foreign characters. Intermediate learners can advance to type with the included fully-mapped native keyboard.
- Got Grammar?: We sure do, and more! An extensive collection of videos and written explanations covers hundreds of grammar topics, providing learners with a strong foundation to build upon.
- Enhanced Compatibility: Optimized for touchscreen use on Android™ tablets and iPads, Transparent Language Online works on virtually any Internet-connected device or computer.
- Other Great Resources: Language and culture blogs, Word of the Day, and interactive social communities help you expand upon the basic learning material by connecting you with others.
The full list of available languages is available here.