The 3M Cloud Library is now simply Cloud Library, as ownership of the eBook service has changed to Bibliotheca, Ltd. Although, there is a new name and logo, there should be no interruption in service and the functionality – browsing, searching, placing holds and checking out – will remain the same.
What do I need to do?
Existing Cloud Library Users:
- Update your app – Updates for Android, iOS and Chromebook apps are available now.
- Kindle Fire users – Please uninstall the app. Then download and install the new app.
- Update for the computer software (PC and Mac) will be available the week of October 3.
New Cloud Library Users:
- Search for “Cloud Library” in the store for your device, download and install the free app. Complete the setup in the app by browsing to find Stanislaus County Library and entering your library card information to begin enjoying books through the Cloud Library.
The Stanislaus County Library offers eBooks through the Cloud Library. Enjoy downloads immediately with mobile devices or tablets supporting the iOS or Android operating systems or transfer from a PC to a compatible device! You can enjoy eBooks at home or on the go.e-Book Video Tutorials
Browse, check out, read, and transfer eBooks to your eReader with the Cloud Library PC Application and Mac Application.
The PC app will let you browse the Cloud Library, download, and read eBooks on any computer running Windows 7, Vista, or XP. The Mac app works on the Mac OS X operating system. Click for more information and to download the Cloud Library PC app or the Cloud Library Mac app.
Transfer to Your eReader:
Step 1: Download the Cloud Library app.
Step 2: Open the Cloud Library app and log in. Login requires a Library ID and password. Your Library ID is the number located on the back of your Library Card. Your password will be the last 4 digits of your phone number.
Step 3: Browse and select titles.
Step 4: Connect your chosen device and download your selected titles!
Step 5: Enjoy!
For more information visit the Cloud Library Patron Information website.
View a video on how to browse and check out eBooks with the Cloud Library.
Learn how to install and use the app on a Kindle Fire.
On The Go
Browse, check out, and read eBooks with the Cloud Library Apple or Android Application.
To download the Cloud Library app to your iOS or Android supported device:
Step 1: Visit the iOS or Android app store.
Step 2: Search for the Cloud Library app.
Step 3: Once the app is found click the install button and the app will download immediately.
Step 4: Log in with your Library Card number and the last four digits of your phone number.
Step 5: Browse, check out, and enjoy.
- For installation on most Nooks, please go to the Google Play Store to download and install the app. The app is no longer available in the Barnes and Noble app store.
- For more information visit the Cloud Library Patron Information website.
- View a video on how to install the Cloud Library on the iPad/iPhone.
- View a video on how to browse and check out eBooks with the Cloud Library.
- Learn how to install and use the app on a Kindle Fire.
At the Library
Use the touch-screen Discovery Terminal to browse the eBook collection. The Discovery Terminal is available for use at the Modesto Library.
Borrowing and Renewal Policies:
- Up to 3 eBooks may be checked out at a time.
- Customers may have holds on up to 5 eBooks.
- eBooks are checked out for up to 3 weeks.
- eBooks may not be renewed.
- Holds must be checked out within 3 days once available.
The Cloud Library can send email notifications. Those interested in receiving notifications about their eBook holds can enter their email address under their Account Profile. For information on how to set-up email notifications view the instructions below.
- Email notification instructions for Android devices.
- Email notification instructions for Apple devices.
- Email notification instruction for Personal Computers (PC's).
Adobe Activation Help
If you have received an "Adobe Device Activation Failure due to too many activations" error message, please submit an Adobe Reactivation Request.